Do you wanna learn how to warm up your voice in the morning? Have you ever felt that you feel better during the practice after the warm-ups? Are you looking for some vocal warm-ups to do in the first place in the morning?
If you have these questions in your mind, then I am here for you because I am going to show you some of the best warmings up exercises and things for your voice.
Warming up before doing any physical and vocal training is very important because you have to prepare your body organs to get the change. With the help of proper warm-ups, the body tissues expand perfectly and naturally.
So, you do not need to force your body to go under change. If you are thinking that what is the best time for the vocal training and how to prepare your body for that?
The best time which can boost up your training is the morning. So, the morning warm-ups for your voice can play many important roles in making your voice better day by day.
So, I am going to show you the warm-up that you have to do after you get out of your bed, just after a couple of hours. Generally, there would be two types of vocal warm-ups that you will be doing.
The first warm-up is very simple and you do that daily. You talk with someone; you share the expressions and gestures. It is the general warm-up that you are doing.
Then you have to go to the second warm-up in which you will be undergoing some changes as your voice was ready because of the general warm-up. So, let us get started, and let me show you the important steps that are very useful for a morning warm-up.
The easy steps to do vocal warm-ups:
Use your body:
It is the pre-warm-up phase that uses your body. What body parts? It uses your breathing and every organ that is affiliated with your breathing. You have to wake up breathing because it supports your vocal folds.
If the vocal folds will be supported, it will help you to produce more and good sound. All you need to do is to treat your vocal folds with the proper care all your day, also do this when you wake up. No stress and no force on the vocal folds.
Stretching the articulators:
The articulators can be your tongue, jaw, soft palate and facial muscles, etc. You can feel them and work on them even when you are speaking.
Articulators play a very important role in the proper shape and delivery of the vowels when you are singing them or saying them. So, it is very important to stretch your articulators and wake them up and consider them as an important organ in your singing.
If you have flexible and stretched articulators, it can make you sing in a very responsive way and it will also reduce the stress and tension in your chest and your voice.
So, if you follow this step, it can help you to sing on a freeway and also, with an open throat which means there would be not any blockage in your sound.
Warming up your vocal folds:
These folds are the things that are behind the voice you are producing. You cannot see them but you can feel them by putting your fingers on the point on your neck where you can feel and hear the “Buzz” sound and vibration.
When you shift yourself from the sss sound to the zzz sound, you will feel that the vibration becomes so less. These vocal folds vibrate and then this vibration produces the sound. So, you have to warm-up your vocal folds in the morning.
For this, you can use many vowels and make many sounds by feeling your vocal cords and neck region.
Maximizing your resonance:
This is a very important step in the process of vocal training and vocal warm-ups that you have to make sure that your cords are resonating correctly.
Have you seen any amplifier and its role in the production and modification of the sound? The same case is with the resonance with your sound and voice that it amplifies your voice and it sounds very good.
There is a difference between singing by putting stress on your voice (that will surely cause you many serious problems and can take your voice from you forever) and singing without any effort that seems so natural. The latter one is because of the resonance.
Now, on which areas you should work if you want to produce the resonance in your voice? It is your throat space that can be used as the primary and biggest resonator. Some people also use the oral cavity and nasal cavity as well for generating the resonance.
Have you ever felt the difference of the voice between a happy and calm person and a stressed and angry person? You will find the voice of the calm person more comforting and pleasing.
So, all you need to do is to mediate yourself to not to be stressed and strain your voice. Mediation can be of many types and the best type of mediation is by breathing. You can mediate yourself with the help of the following steps:
- Sit on the floor and focus on your breathing. You have to focus on the inhale, exhale, and the way you are breathing.
- You have to focus on the breathing and question yourself how were they. If they were tight, loose, or tense?
This mediation will help you to take your body into the warm-up phase and there will be a better focus on the training if you do so. You have to ask your body about how it is feeling.
How to do the vocal warm-ups in the morning:
The following are some steps that you can do for the vocal warm-ups:
In the first step, you have to remember the breathing and you have to do the following things with the pulsing “ss” exercise:
- You have to say the word “Socks”. Now you have to say it again and hold the “s” in this word. I will sound like sss sss sss.
- Now you have to think about the word “Socks” again. Before saying that word, you have to hold the s again and it will be like ssssssss again. You have to fluctuate your voice to louder and quieter.
- You are now required to do the pulsing for SS quickly, just like a train is moving.
- You have to do this for 3 to 4 minutes. Once you are done with this exercise correctly, you will feel your voice lighter and more projected.
In the next step, you have to work on your articulators and warm up. It will also help you to say the words very efficiently and clearly. The following are some things that you can do for this step:
- You have to say the word “WOW’, just like you sound cool and you have to say it in a “Waw” like the phrase.
- Now, you have to put the pressure on the “w” of the wow. Make your mouth in a rounded shape and small like a little “OO” shape. You have to make sure that the shape of your mouth is just like you are going to blow something.
- Then, you need to go to the “AA” sound, just like the O in the WOW. You have to do the opposite to the last step and make your mouth wider and surprised like the way you do.
- You have to alternate between these two shapes of the mouth again and again for more than 1 minute.
This step includes a descending slide and it will help your vocal folds to stretch a bit by creating resonance in them. The following are some things that you can perform under this step:
- You have to start this step with the same SS as you did in the first step.
- As you sing the word “Sing”, you have to move to the “NG” part of the song. You have to practice the word sing while holding the “NG” for a longer period.
- You have to get back to the SS sound now. You have now SSSNGSSS.
- You have to choose a note in which you are comfortable and move down to the more comfortable range. You have to make sure that you are not starting too high or too low. If you feel any strain or tightness when you are singing the range, you have to reduce it and keep yourself on a safer side always.
Conclusion: How to warm up your voice in the morning
You have read all the points and now all you need to do is to start working from now for the best results. You have to give it a couple of days because it is a whole process and cannot be done in some days or some hours.
Now, you can warm-up your voice and yourself in the morning in the best way. What are you waiting for?
If you wanna improve your singing and to get professional advice from a professional singer, click here.
Check out some of the most incredible testimonials from people that tried Singorama and improved their singing:
You get a 60-day money-back guarantee on 100% of the money you pay, and you get a 75% discount which makes this deal a one-time offer, so don’t wait and get a discount by clicking here.